The Lowe Stinger 178 finds the perfect balance between serious fishability and best-in-class features. From providing a super-stable fishing platform to super-fast hole shots — not to mention sleek styling upgrades inside and out — it’s the midsize bass boat that offers it all. The Stinger 178 features a wide 94" beam to provide over 70 square feet of fish-fighting space. An industry-leading 90 horsepower Mercury outboard gets you to your fishing spot fast and can handle higher speeds, greater stresses, and bigger fishing action than the competitors. A premium metal flake fiberglass console with red backlit console includes a huge storage space for gear and lure trays. Tournament-style seats are more usable and comfortable than ever for longer days on the water. Complete with lockable rod storage, two livewells, a Lowrance fishfinder and a MotorGuide trolling motor, this is the serious tournament-style bass boat designed to outperform the competition.
- Professional-Grade Traxstech Fishing Options
- Learn More About Lowe’s Superior Use of Foam
- Mercury® 90hp ELPT FourStroke Performance Report
* All prices are in US Dollars and do not include dealer freight, prep, tariffs, fees, taxes and registration. Prices listed are intended only as a guideline and are subject to change. Dealer sets the final purchase price. Exact product configuration may vary, optional features may be shown. All colors are simulated. Starting at price refers to the base model, optional equipment not included. A more expensive model may be shown. To get full pricing details, see your local dealer.
Base Price, $1,500 down, 6.25% APR for 12 years
Outboard HP Range
50 - 90
Save Up To $1,500
Ends December 31, 2018
Includes boat and motor. Trailer included on fish boat models only. Dealer freight, prep and tax additional.
Stinger 178 Specifications
|Overall Length||17'8"||5.38 m|
|Package Length||252"||640.08 cm|
|Package Width||96"||243.84 cm|
|Approx. Basic Hull Weight||1199 lbs.||543.86 kg|
|Bottom Width||64"||162.56 cm|
|Cockpit Depth||23"||58.42 cm|
|Fuel Capacity||19 gallons||71.92 l|
|Hull Gauge||.100"||2.54 mm|
|Max HP Capacity||90 HP||67.11 kw|
|Max Person Capacity||4|
|Max Weight Capacity||1202 lbs.||545.22 kg|
|Maximum HP Capacity||90||67.11 kw|
|Prop Minimum Horsepower||50||37.28 kw|
|Side Depth||24"||60.96 cm|
|Transom Height||21"||53.34 cm|
Stinger 178 Features
- Mooring cleats - black nylon (6)
- Switch panel w/tip lit toggle switches
- Console w/tinted windscreen & black soft grip wheel & provision for up to 7" in-dash depth finder and illuminating panel
- Black soft grip wheel w/ chrome accent
- Bow trim switch with tool holder
- Cup holders (2)
- Bucket seats
- Lowrance Hook2 - 4X FishFinder
- 2 Fold-down fishing seats w/ pedestals
- 16 oz. Marine carpet (Shadow Gray)
- 1 Baitwell w/ minnow bucket
- Bow aerated livewell w/divider (23 gallon)
- Built-in fuel tank (19 gallon)
- Tach, speed, fuel & trim gauges w/ chrome bezels
- Passenger grab handle
- Stern aerated livewell w/ divider, timer & recirculating system w/pump out (30 gallon)
- Rod rack insert
- Locking side rod locker with rod tubes (1) 7' (6) 8'
- 4 Pedestal seat bases (3 bow, 1 stern)
- Rod bungee holder (2)
- Aft deck storage boxes (port and stbd)
- Storage compartment coin box (between bucket seats)
- Center bow storage
- Stern battery storage
- Rear tackle storage (2)
- Step box with storage compartment
- MotorGuide® X3 45FW FB (45"/45#/12V) Trolling Motor
- Trolling motor harness (8 gauge)
- 12V accessory wiring to bow
- Bilge pump (500 GPH) & aerator pump (800 GPH)
- 1 Horn
- Bow & stern navigation lights
- 12V dash receptacle
- Stainless steel bow & stern eyes
- Bow & aft fishing decks
- Bow deck non-skid mat step
- Extruded gunnels w/rub rail insert
- Integrated trim tabs
- Heavy-duty extruded one-piece keel
- Chine extrusions
- Rounded, formed-in keels (4)
- Mod-v hull
- (1)Transducer bracket-welded on
- All-welded; All-aluminum
Lowe Boats is respected for taking its warranty obligations to you very seriously. We are also well known for highly dependable and trouble-free products. However should a warranty issue occur, our goal is to make your warranty experience as hassle-free as possible and get you back on the water as quickly as possible.
Lowe will repair or replace any structural defect in material or workmanship in the hull seams reported during original purchaser's ownership.
Lowe will repair or replace a defect in any other part of the hull reported within (10) years of the date of delivery to the original purchaser, following a pro rated schedule.
Your Lowe dealer can provide complete warranty information for all accessories & components not manufactured by Lowe for (3) year.
Lowe boat warranties are transferable through your local Lowe dealer adding to the resale value of your boat. The warranty period begins on the original owner’s new boat purchase date. If the boat is sold during its warranty period, the standard component warranty coverage and prorated 10 year warranty coverage will carry over to the new owner once the warranty is transferred through an authorized Lowe dealer. Limitations and restrictions apply. See your local Lowe dealer for details.
See your Lowe dealer or contact the Lowe Customer Service Department for a complete copy of the Lowe Boats Lifetime limited product warranty. Transferability applies to 2016 and newer fishing boats.
Fish Boat Reviews